Constructive to Reductive Sculptural Plates
We are going to carve, hammer, grind, glue, varnish and collage inexpensive and readily available materials to create collagraph prints.
Group participants will be using sustainable and re-purposed supplies while exploring the combination of mainstream and alternative mark making tools and techniques. We will examine additive and reductive process in the development of the printing matrix. Participants will utilize a topographic approach in the creation of their prints that is mirrored by the ability of collagraph matrices to be printed as a relief and intaglio print.
Participants will develop surface textures using non-traditional tools for the inscription of marks upon MDF board, including (but not limited to) carving, hammering, grinding, stamping, sanding burning collaging gluing and varnishing.
- The Collagraph group will meet once a month on Saturdays:
Fall Session dates: October 18th, November 15th and December 20th.
- Hours will be 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. to start. If the group gets larger or needs more time to work, then we will discuss adding an additional working sessions.
- If the group requests any technical demonstrations, demonstrations will start at 11 a.m. and then the rest of the afternoon will be open press time for group participants to work individually.
- $30.00 per session includes: basic tools, materials, paper and ink. I will be on hand to answer questions and help solve any issues during the open sessions. Participants will be responsible to pay for additional hours beyond the minimum three hours.
- If you only want to attend the demonstration, cost is $15.00.
- Participants will provide their own papers, special inks and bring their own drawing tools or brushes. Paper may be purchased from Saltgrass, but participants should plan ahead and purchase their own papers.
- Pre-register for the sessions you will be attending by emailing Stefanie at email@example.com.
- I will send out monthly email announcements so you know what to expect.
KICK STARTER WORKSHOP
Manière Noire – silk collagraph
October 18th 11:00 am to 3:00 You bring your drawing ideas and image resource materials. All your materials will be supplied. $50.00 per person. Reserve your spot by emailing Stefanie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Maximum 8 participants. (Image by Emma Amos)