Saltgrass Printmakers provides artists with a well-equipped studio with production facilities and equipment for relief, intaglio, and screen printing (including photo-based processes).
- Monthly Membership is $200.00 per month and includes 24/7 access to studio facilities.
- Open Press sessions (20.00 per hour) are available on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays 11 am to 3 pm
Intaglio and Relief Printing Equipment
- 2 Etching presses – 26”x48” Takach press, and a 32″ x 60″
- Vertical ferric chloride etching tanks – 18″ x 24″
- Metal plate cutter
- Paper soaking tray – 32 ”x 24”
- Assorted hand rollers and brayers
- Ink additives and transparency base
- Chandler & Price guillotine paper cutter – 30” x 55”
- Drying rack 24” x 32” and drying blotters 40”x 24”
- 2 Hot plates 11”x 20” each
- Screen vacuum printing tables 31”x 41” and 40”x 41”
- Screen coating room and coated screen storage closet
- Washout area with power spray washer
- 30”x 21” Aluminum screen frames – 200 to 230 mesh count
- Screen emulsion
- Screen coaters
- Assorted squeezes
- Assorted half tone screens
Photo Exposure Equipment
- NuArc 40-1K Mercury single point light unit 33” x 40” with vacuum frame
- Each member is given a locker and a flat file drawer for personal papers and tools.
How To Start Renting
Saltgrass Printmakers offers two distinct production areas: etching and relief, and screen printing. To access Saltgrass Printmakers’ facilities, an artist must have sufficient technical knowledge to work in the studio independently and safely. This is assessed in a meeting with Stefanie Dykes or Sandy Brunvand. New members may be required to print under supervision to ensure that they are familiarized with studio practices and equipment.
Monthly membership fee cover all in-house materials such as acids, solvents, cleaning solutions, rags, and any other chemicals required.
Members are responsible for supplying their own matrices, paper and inks.